Printfriendly


How To - Add Related Posts on Blogger

You may have noticed a number of blogs have a row of post thumbnails or list of text which are related to the post you are reading. These related posts are a huge mechanism in keeping the reader on your blog. Personally, it is the chief way a blog keeps me interested, as I finish reading a post and without having to search or look about a number of similar posts are placed right before my eyes.

So let's get started. 
The three main platforms for related posts are Linkwithin, nRelate and Outbrain.

I'll discuss each platform (I personally prefer nRelate). I won't be working through a step by step tutorial for these widgets as it is pretty self-explanatory and as I already have related posts on both of my blogs I don't want to interrupt this.

Linkwithin
To get the Linkwithin related posts widget on your Blogger blog click here to be directed to the Linkwithin website.
As you can see by filling in the blanks you will have a related posts Linkwithin widget for your blog. Once you've filled out the blanks click the Get Widget! button.

Pros of Linkwithin
  • Free
  • No sign-up required
  • Simple and fast

Cons of Linkwithin
  • Displays the Linkwithin logo
  • Customisation is limited

If you need further help with installing this widget click here for the official Linkwithin help Install Widget for Blogger page.

nRelate
To get the nRelate related posts widget on your Blogger blog click here to be directed to the nRelate website. Or click here to sign up to nRelate (Sign up is free).

You will need to create an account (which is free) and then log into nRelate.

Once logged in you will click on the Install button on the top menu and proceed to follow the prompts. Once installed you will have the option to customise your nRelate widget. What I love about nRelate is the customising options. There are so many!

Pros of nRelate
  • Free
  • Wide range of cutomisation options (too many to name)
  • You can display paid ads for income
  • You can choose whether or not to show the nRelate logo

Cons of nRelate
  • Sign-up is required (although this is barely a con)

If you need further help with installing this widget please leave a comment below, email me or tweet me as I'm more than happy to lend a hand.

Outbrain
To get the Outbrain related posts widget on your Blogger blog click here to be directed to the Outbrain website. Or click here to register (registration is free).
Once logged in proceed to follow the prompts to install and customise your Outbrain widget.

Pros of Outbrain
  • Free
  • You can display paid related website ads for income

Cons of Outbrain
  • Registration is required (although this is barely a con)
  • Customisation is limited (although still more options than Linkwithin)

Again, If you need further help with installing this widget don't hesitate to let me know.

I hope you have found this post at least somewhat informative and now you can choose which related post widget you most prefer.

Happy blogging!
xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking to you all and reading your comments. Don't forget you can tweet me (@MaddiSkotinis) if you have a particular question, I'll be able to reply much quicker. Thankyou so much for visiting, I hope you find the help you need to design your blog! xox

I reply to every comment directly to your email address. If by chance you have a no-reply email don't stress I'll also reply to your comment with a comment on this post, so if that's the case don't forget to check back.

 

Twitter

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

visit allure by maddison